Extra Awards Program Rules
Extra Awards pays you back with gifts and travel just for using your card.
Extra Awards gives you points for everyday spending using a qualifying card or account from Goldenwest Credit Union. With Extra Awards you earn points to use toward gift cards/ certificates and travel anywhere in the world.
Extra Awards gives you more options because it’s Goldenwest Credit Union’s reward program. Awards are not tied to specific airlines or one company’s merchandise. There’s no need to visit special websites or make purchases at specified merchants to earn points. Simply use your qualifying card or account and watch the points add up. When you have enough points for the reward of your choice, just submit your redemption request. That’s it!
For answers to your program questions, visit Goldenwest Credit Union’s website or call the redemption center at 855-854-5493 from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Pacific Time, Monday through Friday.
Your travel options are virtually limitless. Use your points to head for the sun, surf, slopes, or your favorite city’s streets.
Since you earn Extra Awards points, not air miles, you can travel on most major airlines with fewer restrictions. For detailed descriptions of the travel awards and points required for each, see Goldenwest Credit Union’s website or call the redemption center toll-free at 855- 854-5493 from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Pacific Time, Monday through Friday.
Although there are no blackout dates with Extra Awards, we recommend that you book early for holiday travel.
How to redeem for travel:
Go to the awards link on Goldenwest Credit Union’s website 24 hours a day and use the online booking tool or call the redemption center toll-free at 855-854-5493 from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Pacific Time, Monday through Friday. Your point balance will be verified and your itinerary arranged.
Gift Certificates and Gift Cards
The Extra Awards points you earn can be redeemed for gift certificates that you spend directly with participating merchants.
How to redeem for gift cards/certificates:
Go to the awards link on Goldenwest Credit Union’s website or call the redemption center toll-free at 855-854-5493 from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Pacific Time, Monday through Friday. Your point balance will be verified and your requested gift cards/certificates will be mailed to you. Choose among restaurants, travel and leisure, gasoline, and top retailers of electronics, apparel, sporting goods, music, movies, and more.
Enjoy the flexibility of shopping online, visiting your favorite retail stores, or taking a trip with your Extra Awards points.
Awards Program Rules
- For the most current version of the program rules, award options, and point requirements, please visit Goldenwest Credit Union’s website or call an awards representative at 855-854-5493.
- You earn points for qualifying transactions during the Program period less any credits and plus or minus any adjustments. Some transaction types may not be eligible for point accrual. Contact Goldenwest Credit Union to determine transaction eligibility, eligibility dates, or for special promotions.
- Errors in the addition or deduction of points can occur and may be corrected by the Awards provider or Goldenwest at any time without notice.
- Award options and the corresponding points required for redemption, limitations on point accrual, including monthly, quarterly, and/or yearly point maximums, point expiration periods, and increase or decrease in value of net point accrual are determined by, and may be modified by, Goldenwest at any time. Award redemptions must be made prior to point expiration dates.
- THERE ARE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO ANY AWARDS OFFERED BY OR THROUGH THIS AWARDS PROGRAM, AND GOLDENWEST CREDIT UNION AND THE AWARDS PROGRAM PROVIDER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- Reasonable steps will be taken to prevent the introduction of viruses or other destructive materials to websites associated with this Program. However, neither Goldenwest, the Program administrator, or the Program provider warrant, guarantee, or make any representations that sites will be free of destructive materials or that the sites will be uninterrupted or error-free. We assume no responsibility for any loss or damage caused by your access or inability to access the sites.
- Program Award statements will be available on a periodic basis as determined by Goldenwest. Statements will normally reflect the adjusted number of points earned based on previous balance, net purchases, and deductions due to redemption activity. Goldenwest must be notified of any errors or point discrepancies within 60 days of the date when the error occurred.
- Award points can be used to order Awards described on the Program website, which may be updated without notice. Point requirements assigned to any Award are subject to change without notice, and Awards may be discontinued at any time. Award points may be redeemed for cash or credit as determined by Goldenwest and may not be used in conjunction with promotions or discounts oered outside of this Program. Goldenwest may also limit transferability between accounts and incorporation with other institution Programs or oerings. Points have no monetary value outside the Program nor can they be combined or transferred with or to other loyalty programs.
- You are responsible for submitting correct information when ordering an Award. Orders requiring correction may be subject to additional fees or may not be processed.
- Your account must be in good standing (i.e. not delinquent or canceled, or otherwise not usable for charges) to use Awards points. Goldenwest reserves the right to terminate or suspend your standing in the Program or deduct points from your accumulated total if your account is not in good standing. Goldenwest also reserves the right to establish point reinstatement procedures and associated fees as applicable. Awards points may be forfeited due to Rules violations.
- This Program may be changed or terminated at any time without notice, restriction, or penalty. This means that regardless of a participant’s level of activity in the Program, the ability to accumulate Awards or claim Awards can be terminated with or without prior notice. The redemption value of Awards already accumulated may be changed at any time without notice and without restriction or penalty.
- Any liability for taxes including federal, state, or local income, sales, use, or other taxes or gratuities imposed on an Award received from this Program will be the sole responsibility of the participant receiving the Award and not Goldenwest, the Awards provider, or any of its aliates.
- Every eort has been made to ensure that the information in the Program communications is accurate. The Program is not responsible for errors or omissions and reserves the right to correct such errors at any time, even if it aects a pending Award redemption order.
- Contact Goldenwest to determine if additional rules apply to your participation in the Awards Program.
- This Program is available to account holders of specified account types at Goldenwest that have contracted with the Awards provider.
- This Program is void where prohibited by law.
- Services to administer the Program are being provided by and are the responsibility of Bridge2 Solutions, (the administrator). Goldenwest and the Awards Program provider assume no liability or responsibility for the provision of, or failure to provide, the respective services being provided by the administrator. The administrator is an independent contractor and is not aliated with Goldenwest. You agree to hold the Awards Program provider, the administrator, and Goldenwest harmless if the supplier of merchandise or services files for bankruptcy or otherwise goes out of business after you have redeemed your points and before you use the item or service. You accept all terms and conditions in the program rules and release and hold the Awards Program provider, the administrator, and Goldenwest harmless from any claim, liability or damage relating to this Program or use of any Program item you receive and neither the Awards Program provider, the administrator, nor Goldenwest shall be held liable for any bodily harm, property damage, or injuries incurred which may result from participating in the Program, or which may result from the provision of goods or services by suppliers.
- These Award Program Rules are supplemented from time to time by the terms and conditions and Program rules set forth on the Award Program website. In addition, any Program rules presented to you during the redemption of points, and any additional rules published by Goldenwest, also apply.
- Using your account following receipt of these rules constitutes agreement to these rules by you.
Air Travel Awards
- Air travel and travel-related services may be requested online through Goldenwest Credit Union’s website or by calling the travel center toll free at 855-854-5493. Actual travel must take place within 330 days after the reservation is made. Minimum or maximum stays may apply to certain air categories. Tickets for airline award seats are subject to availability and any terms or conditions imposed by the airline on travel dates specified by the account holder. Additional travel restrictions may apply at the discretion of Goldenwest Credit Union.
- Any errors or discrepancies must be reported to the travel center at 855-854-5493 immediately or at a minimum, within 24 hours from the time of the ticket booking. E-mail requests will not be accepted. Any changes made after the ticket issuance could incur additional fees and/or penalties, jeopardize availability, and cause the fare to increase at the account holder’s expense except where those errors were made by us and reported by the account holder within the required 24-hour period. All voluntary changes at any time are subject to the program rules and could incur additional fees and/or penalties by the airline and/or the travel center. All airline tickets are non-refundable and redemptions are final. Points, credits, and cash refunds will not be issued for any changes or canceled travel arrangements.
- Itinerary dates and/or departure/arrival times may be subject to change by the airline. The account holder may accept changes in the itinerary or the ticket may be canceled without penalty and points reinstated.
- Travel insurance is available for select award types. Account holders are responsible for any fees associated with the purchase of travel insurance. Please speak to a travel agent at 855-854-5493 for additional details.
- Tickets may be issued in any name designated by the account holder but the tickets and/or itinerary will be mailed/e-mailed to the account holder address on file with the awards provider within the 50 U.S. states only.
- Tickets will be issued as e-tickets, either through e-mail or U.S. mail. Paper tickets are subject to an additional processing and delivery charge. Additional costs, such as rush charges and/or traceable overnight delivery of Awards, are at the account holder’s expense.
- Round-trip ticket awards must originate from, and return to, the same airport.
- International destinations are limited to select cities and are subject to change upon sixty (60) days advance notice.
- Account holders may be responsible for paying any government-imposed security fees, airline fuel surcharges, or other airport, airline, and agent fees. Lost, stolen, or otherwise destroyed airline tickets or other travel certificates will not be honored or replaced. Awards may also be subject to local taxes and fees, which are at the account holder’s expense.
Gift Cards and Gift Certificates
- Points can be redeemed for gift cards/certificates from select merchants. Your gift cards/certificates will be shipped within 7-10 business days to the address on file with the Awards provider within the 50 U.S. states only.
- Lost, stolen, destroyed, or expired gift cards/certificates are not replaceable. Once points are redeemed for a gift card/certificate they cannot be returned, changed, or exchanged and are not redeemable for cash or credit.
- You have 30 days from the date an award is requested to report an undelivered gift card/certificate by calling the Awards Redemption Center at 855-854-5493.
- All sales/use taxes and shipping and handling charges are the responsibility of the account holder and will apply in accordance with the merchants’ policies in e ect at the time of redemption. Purchases in excess of the amount of the gift certificate/gift card are at the account holder’s expense. Additional terms and conditions are specified on the card or certificate. Merchant availability subject to change. Gift card/certificates use is subject to the terms and conditions printed thereon. Gift cards/certificates for services (including but not limited to experiential and entertainment certificates) are subject to the terms and conditions of the vendor providing the services. Gift cards/certificates are also subject to any other restrictions imposed by the merchant.