Records Specialist (PT)
South Ogden, UT
Part-time (25 Hours)
Responsible for working with the Records Department to ensure Credit Union records are managed appropriately according to regulatory compliance and company guidelines. Assists in searching and investigating information contained in file system, protecting and accurately recording titles, researching and providing resolutions for titles discrepancies, and acting as a liaison between the credit union and the Department of Motor Vehicles. Supports and aids records personnel as needed in accordance with Credit Union established policies and procedures.
5025 S Adams Avenue
South Ogden, UT 84403
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and Saturday 8:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To be effective in this position an individual must be able to perform each job duty successfully.
• Effectively works with loan officers in perfecting titles on all auto, boat, and RV loans
• Acts as liaison with the Department of Motor Vehicles to obtain titles and solve problems; Accurately records title notes on member accounts Record errors or discrepancies are promptly identified and resolved.
• Files and maintains titles, including research, when needed
• Researches information, and resolves problems, errors, or discrepancies in records
• Sends out titles when loans are paid off; Assists collectors to obtain titles for repossession
• Assists in preparing Title Exception Report to send to branches
• Confidentially and accurately records all actions pertaining to Credit Union titles
• Ensures that records operations are conducted in accordance with established Credit Union policies and are legally compliant
• Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective and professional business relations and communication with members, Credit Union personnel, management, and outside business professionals
• Represents the Credit Union accurately in contacts with members and outside business professionals
• Answers requests, questions, and problems courteously and professionally; Assists records personnel and provides support as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The requirements listed for this position are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities necessary to complete the job at an effective level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Will train on-site. Prior Credit Union experience preferred
High School diploma or equivalent
Licenses, Certifications & Training
Will be discussed upon hire.
Other Skills & Abilities
Basic computer operating skills, beginner to intermediate skills in Microsoft Office, type a minimum of 35 words per minute, proficient mathematical ability, effective verbal & written communication skills, professional and well groomed, positive attitude and willingness to promote credit union products and services.
Physical Abilities & Working Conditions
Ability to talk, hear, sit, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms consistently. Ability to stand, walk, kneel and crouch occasionally. Close vision as clear vision at 20 inches or less, and distance vision as clear vision at 20 feet or more. Ability to lift up to 10 pounds consistently and up to 50 pounds occasionally. Moderate noise such as business office with computers and printers, and light traffic.
How to ApplyApply Now
Goldenwest Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants may be subject to a credit and background check to determine employment eligibility.