Consumer Loan Underwriter (PT)
Washington Terrace, UT
Part-time (25 Hours)
In this position, you will be responsible for reviewing and underwriting consumer loans in accordance with credit union policy, procedure, and regulatory underwriting guidelines. Identify, analyze, and evaluate loan risks and compensating factors, while ensuring the marketability of closed loans and the safety of Credit Union assets. Provides support to consumer underwriting personnel as needed.
5167 Adams Avenue
Washington Terrace, UT 84405
Part-time schedules are flexible and ideal for parent and student shifts. Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To be effective in this position an individual must be able to perform each job duty successfully.
• Evaluate and verify loan applications and credit criteria. Consistently and accurately verify debt ratios, collateral, and loan terms;
• Effectively identify, analyze, evaluate loan risks and compensating factors, and ensures the marketability of closed loans and the safety of Credit Union assets;
• Approve loans within limits of authority and notify applicants of loan decisions. Request additional information if required;
• Ensure that lending operations are conducted in accordance with established Credit Union policies and are legally compliant;
• Ensures that loan requests are properly documented;
• Actively participate and complete product knowledge courses;
• Comply with all regulations as required by law;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Minimum of 1 year consumer loan underwriting experience. Prior credit union experience preferred.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Licenses, Certifications & Training
Goldenwest product knowledge courses and Goldenwest certifications must be completed as instructed, based on position.
Other Skills & Abilities
Excellent verbal & written communication skills, proficient mathematical ability, professional and well groomed, organized, and strong problem solving skills.
Physical Abilities & Working Conditions
Ability to talk, hear, sit, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms consistently. Ability to stand, walk, kneel and crouch occasionally. Ability to sit continually and answer phones. Close vision as clear vision at 20 inches or less, and distance vision as clear vision at 20 feet or more. Ability to lift up to 10 pounds consistently and up to 25 pounds occasionally. Moderate noise such as business office with computers and printers, and light traffic.
How to ApplyApply Now
Goldenwest Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants may be subject to a credit and background check to determine employment eligibility.