Full-time IT Programmer
Washington Terrace, Utah
Full-time (40 Hours)
In this position you are responsible for performing complex and analytical program coding using Symitar’s PowerOn language. Assumes responsibility for software integration and external application interface development involving third party platforms.
5167 Adams Ave
Washington Terrace, Utah 84405
Monday through Friday normal business hours, flexible. On call evenings and weekends for emergency job related issues, as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To be effective in this position an individual must be able to perform each job duty successfully in a collaborative and self-driven environment.
• Adheres to full-project lifecycle development by identifying requirements, designing specifications, developing code, testing, troubleshooting and implementing programs into the production system(s) in a professional, quality manner;
• Continually reviews and monitors systems, application capabilities and department needs.
• Install, modify, enhance and customize Symitar, the organization’s core processing system;
• Analyzes and improves Symitar processes. Researches, evaluates and recommend new Symitar products and services;
• Implement and troubleshoot programming changes and modifications and complete complex data analysis;
• Troubleshoot and resolve user issues arising from daily Symitar operations;
• Oversee the operations of the credit union’s Symitar Episys system, supervising problem resolution on a day-to-day basis through software programming.
• Provide requested data and enhancements to departments and operational areas as requested.
• Responsible for prioritizing, organizing, and scheduling programming projects for assigned systems, including Episys and other in-house applications.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The essential duties listed for this position are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities necessary to complete the job at an effective level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
One or more years of experience in computer programming, development and operations. Experience with Symitar’s Episys and Symitar related products experience, preferred. Experience with OpCon job automation system, EDS or ARCU products is also preferred.
Bachelor's or associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field preferred. Information technology training or certifications considered, if combined with experience.
Physical Abilities & Working Conditions
Ability to talk, hear, sit, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms consistently. Ability to stand, walk, kneel and crouch occasionally. Close vision as clear vision at 20 inches or less, and distance vision as clear vision at 20 feet or more. Ability to lift up to 10 pounds consistently and up to 50 pounds occasionally. Moderate noise such as business office with computers and printers, and light traffic.
How to ApplyApply Now
Goldenwest Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants may be subject to a credit and background check to determine employment eligibility.