Full-time Digital Media Specialist
South Ogden, Utah
Full-time (40 Hours)
The Digital Media Specialist will be responsible for managing digital asset distribution that accurately reflects the credit unions brand. Assists with the expansion of digital products and social media initiatives in accordance with the credit union growth initiative. Supports the marketing department personnel and credit union employees as needed in accordance with Credit Union established policies and procedures.
5025 Adams Avenue
South Ogden, Utah 84405
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To be effective in this position an individual must be able to perform each job duty successfully. The Digital Media Specialist will be primarily responsible for:
• Creating, analyzing, and updating content for online and mobile channels;
• Utilizing Google Analytics to monitor web traffic and recommend modifications based on user behavior and ad relevance;
• Participating in forming effective paid search strategies;
• Managing social media campaigns and day-to-day activities, including but not limited to: Credit Union news, community events, product promotions, etc.
• Assisting in the launch of new innovative digital projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
• Experience in web design including layout/navigation principles, and mobile-first design.
• Comprehensive understanding of SEO best practices, including keyword strategy and web content optimization.
• Proficiency in Google Analytics to consistently measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and website design changes.
• Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS computer languages.
• Proficiency in business writing and editing; experience in writing professional blogs and web content is a plus.
• Experience in maintaining, managing, and moderating corporate social media channels; strong knowledge of corporate social media best practices.
• Experience in managing paid-search, re-targeting, and paid-social campaigns.
• Basic graphic design and/or desktop publishing skills.
• Subject matter expert for all things digital media; stays current on technology and digital media trends.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Time-conscious and deadline-driven.
• Capable of working successfully in a team environment.
• Willingness to learn, share ideas, and think creatively.
1-3 years of professional experience in a similar role is preferred. Prior employment in the financial services industry is a plus.
College Degree or Technical Certification in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Digital Media Design, Social Media Marketing, Communications, Web Design/Development, or other marketing-related field.
Licenses, Certifications and Training
To be completed within the first 180 days: Goldenwest product knowledge courses & Goldenwest certifications.
Other Skills & Abilities
Ability to prioritize multiple requests in a fast-paced environment with impeccable attention-to-detail and accuracy; ability to prioritize and manage workflow to maximize productivity; ability to handle proprietary and confidential material appropriately.
Physical Abilities and Working Conditions
Ability to talk, hear, sit, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms consistently. Ability to stand, walk, kneel and crouch occasionally. Close vision as clear vision at 20 inches or less, and distance vision as clear vision at 20 feet or more. Ability to lift up to 10 pounds consistently and up to 50 pounds occasionally. Moderate noise such as business office with computers and printers, and light traffic.
How to ApplyApply Now
Goldenwest Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants may be subject to a credit and background check to determine employment eligibility.