Full-time Commercial Insurance Processor
South Ogden, Utah
Full-time (40 Hours)
In this position you will be responsible for providing service to members’ ongoing commercial lines insurance needs and actively assisting the commercial lines insurance agents. You will review and manage data for both new business and existing policy changes, business insurance quoting, claim filing, policyholder correspondence, and accurate reporting of information. You will also provide support to all areas of the commercial lines department to enhance the Goldenwest Insurance Services reputation. Other duties may be assigned based on business need.
With local job opportunities right there in Ogden, there is no need to fight traffic driving to Salt Lake. We are located at:
5025 Adams Avenue
South Ogden, UT 84403
Schedules are flexible and ideal to parents returning to the workforce. Typical hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To be effective in this position an individual must be able to perform each job duty successfully.
• Assist with Insurance processing, reviewing, appraising, and recommending applications for insurance acceptance, setting of conditions, or denial of coverage;
• Review information for completeness, accuracy, and compliance standards. Clarify missing or questionable information with Insurance Agents;
• Request additional documentation necessary for the processing of an application, endorsement, or cancellation;
• Help prepare quotations for agent and helps answer questions from agents, policyholder, or prospects; Assist agents with comments or questions about applications and the likelihood of acceptance by the company;
• Review policies for renewal consideration; Assist in administering proper ratings by making recommendations on previously rated policies;
• Review applications for insurance coverage, reports from loss control consultants, and other information to determine if applications for insurance are acceptable risks;
• Evaluate the experience of a risk against the class of business under review and evaluates loss potential due to catastrophe, severity, and/or frequency. Make recommendations for policy ratings and changes based on research and evaluation of data;
• Maintain weekly and monthly reports as required by management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
2 or more years of insurance processing experience preferable
High School diploma or equivalent
Licenses, Certifications & Training
Property and casualty insurance licenses is required. Must obtain within the first 90 days of employment.
Goldenwest product knowledge courses & Goldenwest certifications to be discussed upon hire.
Other Skills & Abilities
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Applications – especially Excel; adept at analyzing financial and personal data; ability to prioritize multiple requests in a fast-paced environment with impeccable attention-to-detail and accuracy; ability to exercise substantial judgment and discretion in non-routine matters; ability to prioritize and manage workflow to maximize productivity; ability to handle proprietary and confidential material appropriately, effective verbal & written communication skills, professional and well groomed, positive attitude and willingness to promote credit union products and services.
Physical Abilities & Working Conditions
Ability to talk, hear, sit, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms consistently. Ability to stand, walk, kneel and crouch occasionally. Close vision as clear vision at 20 inches or less, and distance vision as clear vision at 20 feet or more. Ability to lift up to 10 pounds consistently and up to 50 pounds occasionally. Moderate noise such as business office with computers and printers, and light traffic.
How to ApplyApply Now
Goldenwest Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants may be subject to a credit and background check to determine employment eligibility.